Peter S. Pande is president of Pivotal Resources, a global change leadership consulting firm. He has worked with many leading companies including Cisco, GE, Starwood Hotels, BP and adidas. He is coauthor of the bestselling The Six Sigma Way, The Six Sigma Way Team Fieldbook, and What Is Six Sigma?, all available from McGraw-Hill.
The Six SIGMA Leader: How Top Executives Will Prevail in the 21st Centuryby Peter Pande
Through impressive results, Six Sigma has proven to hundreds of organizations around the globe that settling for “good enough” won't work. Now Peter S. Pande, foremost expert on change leadership and coauthor of the bestselling The Six Sigma Way, challenges leaders to seek a new standard of leadership excllence and apply principles inspired by/i>
Through impressive results, Six Sigma has proven to hundreds of organizations around the globe that settling for “good enough” won't work. Now Peter S. Pande, foremost expert on change leadership and coauthor of the bestselling The Six Sigma Way, challenges leaders to seek a new standard of leadership excllence and apply principles inspired by Six Sigma to take their companies to a new level.
The Six Sigma Leader defines successful leadership in the 21st Century. With illustrative examples and proven strategies such as “The 10 Second Rule” (taking that extra time to make sure you're asking the right questions to get the information you need), the book offers techniques that link leadership improvement to real business results, and explores
- Six Sigma Leadership: the core principles of Six Sigma leadership and the 21st-century challenges of balance and flexibility
- Change and Constancy: the role of change in leadership and how to achieve greater return on your change portfolio
- Certainty and Doubt: the myth of leader infallibility and ways to confidently combine facts and intuition
- Speed and Deliberateness: the benefits and perils of “speed at all costs” and a set of key disciplines that enable greater speed
- Teamwork and Independence: the sources of organizational barriers and the leadership practices that can eliminate them
- Now, Tomorrow and Next Year: the management of business change by different time horizons: short-, mid-, and long-term
- Customer First…and Last: why customers are so critical, yet can also be a detriment to long-term business health
- Bringing Six Sigma Leadership to Life: the factors likely to favor and inhibit successful adoption of Six Sigma Leadership
Driven by a vision of great leadership, The Six Sigma Leader is an essential resource for managers at all levels and a call to action for any leader seeking to create a legacy of achievement.
- McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 1.02(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >