The Sixties / Edition 2by Terry Anderson
Pub. Date: 06/13/2003
The Sixties explores the significant political, foreign policy and social events from the 1960 Greensboro sit-ins and presidential campaign to the high tide of women's liberation and U.S. withdrawal from Vietnam in 1973. By examining the dramatic era chronologically and thematically, the author demonstrates that what really made the period unique were the various 'movements' that merged with the counterculture to form a "sixties culture". After 1968, these same movements advocated liberation and empowerment-and changed America forever.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.50(w) x 9.20(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of Contents
Cold War America: Seedbed of the Sixties.
1. The Years of Hope and Idealism, 1960-1963.
2. The Pinnacle of Liberalism, 1964-1965.
3. Days of Decision, 1965-1967
5. From Counterculture to Sixties Culture.
6. Days of Discord, 1969-1970.
7. The Crescendo and Demise of the Sixties, 1970-1973.
8. The Decade of Tumult and Change.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >