- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Hudsonville, MI
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
Most chapters include a "Statute/Regulatory Citations" section which includes one or more of the following: "Statute," "Regulations," "Administration," "History," "Introduction," "Definitions" and "Provisions," and conclude with "References" and/or "Summary."
1. Where We Have Been: The Changing Face of Social Welfare.
Our English Heritage.
The Evolution of U.S. Social Welfare.
A New Era Dawns.
Social Welfare in Post-World War II.
The 1960s and Social Reform.
The Reagan-Bush Era.
2. Where We Are Now: A Brief Examination of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 and Its Consequences.
Sample Results after Enactment.
3. Social Welfare Policy, Social Welfare Law, Social Welfare Program Regulations, Administering Agency Policy, and Due Process of Law.
Introduction: Social Welfare Policy Is Broad Philosophy.
A Bill Becomes Law.
Regulations Interpret Law.
Internal Agency Policy.
Due Process, Administrative Appeals, and the Judicial System.
4. The Social Security Act, Title II, Old Age, Survivors, Disability Insurance.
Quarters of Coverage.
Primary Insurance Amounts (PIAs).
Old-Age and Disability Benefits.
Dependents and Survivor Benefits.
Application and Documentation Requirements.
5. The Social Security Act, Title II and Title XVI, Disability and Blindness.
The Role of the Treating Physician in Assisting the Disabled Person to Obtain Benefits.
Provisions — The Disability Evaluation Process and Medical Criteria.
Presumptive Disability and Blindness (SSI only).
"Regular" Disability and Blindness.
Completion of Application/Documentation Forms.
6. Supplemental Security Income for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled, the Social Security Act, Title XVI.
Who May Apply to Receive Supplemental Security Income.
Supplemental Security Income Rules Regarding "Income."
Two Kinds of Income: "Earned" and "Unearned."
In-Kind Support and Maintenance Rules.
Rules Regarding "Deeming of Income."
Supplemental Security Income Rules Regarding "Resources."
Receiving SSI Benefits While Attempting to Dispose of Excess Resources.
General Eligibility Information.
SSI Presumptive Disability.
Tips and Traps for Completing the Form SSA-8001-F5, Application for Supplemental Security Income.
7. The Social Security Act, Title XIX, Categorical Medicaid — Categorical Medical Assistance (Medicaid).
Categories of People Covered by Medicaid: Mandatory or Optional.
8. Temporary Assistance to Needy Families.
General Eligibility Factors.
9. Major Federal Food Programs.
Food Stamp Provisions.
Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children.
School Breakfast Program.
Special Milk Program for Children.
National School Lunch Program.
Summer Food Service Program for Children.
Homeless Children Nutrition Program.
10. Implications for Practice and Ethical Considerations.
Concrete Services: The Rationale.
The Human Service Roles.
Basic Guide for Action.
Appendix A: Social Security Act 20 CFR Part 404 Appendix 1 to Subpart P Listing of Impairments Part A.
Appendix B: Social Security Act 20 CFR Part 404 Appendix 1 to Subpart P Listing of Impairments Part B.