2005 Paperback Good 2e Item may show signs of shelf wear. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting. Includes supplemental or companion materials if applicable. Access ...codes may or may not work. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority.Read moreShow Less
2006 Paperback Fair 001 Item is intact, but may show shelf wear. Pages may include notes and highlighting. May or may not include supplemental or companion material. Access ...codes may or may not work. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority.Read moreShow Less
The 2nd Edition of The Spec Manual provides fashion professionals and students with a -comprehensive guide for measuring garments using standard industry practices. This textbook/workbook contains front and back view croquis for women, off sizes, men, juniors, and children; spec sheet templates; illustrated measurement points; and tables with measurement points. The 2nd Edition also features a companion CD-ROM with electronic resources such as spec sheets and a flats library. Users with either beginning or advanced digital skills will learn how to create computer-generated spec sheets.
Michele Wesen Bryant is an adjunct in the Fashion Design Department at the Fashion Institute of Technology. She also teaches flats and specs at Parsons School of Design. Bryant has been working in the fashion industry for over 20 years, having had fashion illustrations appear in Vogue, YM, Seventeen, Brides, Women's Wear Daily, Ladies Home Jourbanal and Good Housekeeping.
Diane DeMers is associate professor of fashion design at The Fashion Institute of Technology and a design consultant for Her Majesty Intimates and Cole Girl's Swimwear. For three years she designed Haute Couture, Pret a Porter, and License collections for Carven Couture in Paris, then continued her design career in New York City with Calvin Klein Intimate Apparel, Adrienne Vittadini, and Malain Knits.
* What is a Spec Manual?
* Front and Back View Croquis Figures
* How to Measure
* Pants and Shorts
* Woven Shirt
* One-Piece Garment (Bodysuits and Jumpsuits)
* Tailored Jacket
* Sample Spec Sheets and Garment Graphs
* Flats Library
NEW TO THIS EDITION
Sample spec sheets with garment graphs
* Flats library for complete range of size and garment categories with additional clip art for collars, pockets and trim
* Fraction to decimal conversion chart
* Grading worksheet
* Incremental grade guides for all size ranges
* Front and back view croquis figures in pdf file format
* Excel spec sheet templates with embedded formulas to calculate measurements
* Excel grading worksheet templates
* Flats library in pdf file format
* Ilustrator brush library of stitches and trims