The State of Church Giving through 2005: Abolition of the Institutional Enslavement of Overseas Missions is the seventeenth edition in the series.
The latest update includes:
• An analysis of church giving patterns in the U.S. through 2005, based on aggregated congregational reports.
• An analysis of the 2005 U.S. BLS Consumer Expenditure Survey charitable giving data.
• An original survey of 34 denominations' overseas missions spending, 2003–2005.
• A discussion of denominational structures in relationship to the support of congregational overseas missions.
• An exploration of the potential for church members in the U.S. to impact global and domestic need through increased giving through their congregations.