- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
These specially commissioned essays on contemporary policy and politics were written by Rudolf Klein's colleagues in the US and the UK to celebrate his achievements. This collection will be enjoyed by students, scholars, journalists and government officials.
Part I: Theory and Policy:.
1. The Life You Risk Should be Your Own: Albert Weale.
2. Is There a Cake to Divide?: Samuel Brittan.
3. Quasi-Markets: The Answer to Market Failure in Health Care?: Julian LeGrand.
4. A New Institutional Economics on Health Care: James C. Robinson.
Part II: Institutions, Professions and Policy:.
5. The State as the Guarantor of Social Welfare: Jerry L. Mashaw and Theodore R. Marmor.
6. The Limits of Simple Fixes.
7. Negotiating Health Policy.
8. The Accretion of History: Peter Hennessy.
9. The Profession of Medicine in the Making of Health Policy.
10. Reconciling the Demand and Provision of Health Services.
Part III: Analysis and Policy:.
11. Policy Analysis as an Academic Volition: Richard Rose.
12. Some Policy Analysis Fallacies: Patricia Day.
13. Asking the Right Question: Ellie Scrivens.