The Successful Retirement Guide: Hundreds of Suggestions on How To Stay Intellectually, Socially, and Physically Engaged for the Best Years of Your Lifeby R. Kevin Price
Using your mind and body, and interacting with others are keys to a happy and healthy retirement life. Yes, good genes and money help, too; but you can’t pick your ancestors, and your financial situation is whatever you have made it. Successful retirees strive to live each day to the fullest, exercise their
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Received a starred review in Library Journal!
Using your mind and body, and interacting with others are keys to a happy and healthy retirement life. Yes, good genes and money help, too; but you can’t pick your ancestors, and your financial situation is whatever you have made it. Successful retirees strive to live each day to the fullest, exercise their minds and bodies, and challenge themselves to continue to learn and grow personally.
The Successful Retirement Guide will assist retirees in identifying activities that will help them remain intellectually, socially and physically engaged with life—whatever their financial resources. Readers will discover:
* The importance of being intellectually, socially and physically engaged during your retirement years
* Hundreds of ways to keep your mind exercised and challenged
* How to build a supportive social network while participating in fun and rewarding programs
* Numerous ways to exercise your body that are right for you—without the need to join a gym or health club
* How to identify activities that will enable you to live each day to the fullest
* Prescreened books, websites and other sources of information for activities you can pursue in greater depth
* Checklists to help you select the activities that are right for you
- BN ID:
- Rainbow Books, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 685 KB
Meet the Author
Kevin Price graduated Manhattan College and the University of Connecticut School of Law. After working more than 30 years in the financial services industry, he retired at age 55. He enjoys being physically and intellectually active, and in particular, educational travel, sailing, yoga, guitar, and studying architecture, art, religion, history, music theory, geology, meteorology and Italian. In retirement he set out to discover what it means to be successfully retired. The result is this book.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews