- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Even though many books and articles about the 'Prague Spring' have been written by scholars in the ...
Even though many books and articles about the 'Prague Spring' have been written by scholars in the West starting in 1968, until recently certain questions remained unanswered. For instance:
* Why did Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev not support Party boss Antonín Novotný when the latter came under severe criticism by his colleagues in the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Czechoslovakia in December of 1967?
* Why did Alexander Dubcek, the new Party leader, not immediately purge the conservatives from the Central Committee of the Communist Party?
* Why did Walter Ulbricht of East Germany and Wladyslaw Gomulka of Poland fear and hate Alexander Dubcek so much?
* Did János Kádár of Hungary really play a mediating role between the Warsaw Pact and Czechoslovakia?
* Did Bulgaria only reluctantly join in the invasion?
* Why did East Germany not participate in the intervention?
* What was the reaction of the people in the member states of the Warsaw Pact to the invasion?
With the opening of the formerly inaccessible archives of the Warsaw Pact after the fall of communism in Eastern Europe in 1989, scholars have dug deeply into these sources and have been able to answer many of these questions. This book provides the latest and best scholarship on the 'Prague Spring' and the Warsaw Pact invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1968.
For over 30 years Bolchazy-Carducci Publishers has produced the highest quality Latin and ancient Greek books. From Dr. Seuss books in Latin to Plato's Apology, Bolchazy-Carducci's titles help readers learn about ancient Rome and Greece; the Latin and ancient Greek languages are alive and well with titles like Cicero's De Amicitia and Kaegi's Greek Grammar. We also feature a line of contemporary eastern European and WWII books.
Some of the areas we publish in include:
Selections From The Aeneid
Latin Grammar & Pronunciation
Greek Grammar & Pronunciation
Texts Supporting Wheelock's Latin
Classical author workbooks: Vergil, Ovid, Horace, Catullus, Cicero
Vocabulary Cards For AP Selections: Vergil, Ovid, Catullus, Horace
Slovak Culture And History