The Transformation of Democracy: Globalization and Territorial Democracy / Edition 1by Anthony McGrew
Pub. Date: 07/14/1997
The Transformation of Democracy? examines whether globalization is transforming the conditions under which liberal democratic politics operate and, given this, what the prospects are for a more democratic world order. See more details below
The Transformation of Democracy? examines whether globalization is transforming the conditions under which liberal democratic politics operate and, given this, what the prospects are for a more democratic world order.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 10.00(h) x 0.69(d)
Table of Contents
1. Globalization and Territorial Democracy: an introduction: Anthony McGrew.
Part I: Global Transformations:.
2. Globalization and Post-Military Democracy: Martin Shaw.
3. Economic Globalization and the Limits to Liberal Democracy: Robert Cox.
4. Liberal Democracy and the Globalization of Environmental Risks.
5. Counting Women In: globalization, democratization and the women's movement: Donna Dickenson.
Part II: Democratizing World Order:.
6. Democratization and Human Rights: Tony Evans.
7. Multinational Corporations and Democratic Governance: Grahame Thompson.
8. The European Union: Reconstituting Democracy Beyond the Nation-State: James Goodman.
9. Geo-Governance Without Democracy? Reforming the UN System: Mark Imber.
Part III: Conclusion:.
10. Democracy Beyond Borders? Globalization and the Reconstruction of Democratic Theory and Practice: Anthony McGrew.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >