The Truth About Agile Software Development With Scrum - How To Manage Scrum Agile Software Development, The Facts You Should Knowby George Settler
Agile methods generally promote a disciplined project management process that encourages frequent inspection and adaptation, a leadership
Agile software development refers to a group of software development methodologies based on iterative development, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing cross-functional teams.
Agile methods generally promote a disciplined project management process that encourages frequent inspection and adaptation, a leadership philosophy that encourages teamwork, self-organization and accountability, a set of engineering best practices that allow for rapid delivery of high-quality software, and a business approach that aligns development with customer needs and company goals. Conceptual foundations of this framework are found in modern approaches to operations management and analysis, such as lean manufacturing, soft systems methodology, speech act theory (network of conversations approach), and Six Sigma.
This book is filled with case studies and real life anecdotes. If you like learning by example, this book is for you. Scrum is quite likely the best starting point for most companies interested in pursuing an agile development process. The readability and excellent anecdotes in this book make it a fantastic starting point for any journey into agile development.
Filled with examples of how Scrum is applied Scrum in many varying situations.
Although this book is ostensibly about software development, Scrum has its roots in general new product development and can (and has been) applied to a wide variety of development projects. Learning Scrum by reading a book filled with examples like this is the best way to get the feel for how to use it on your own projects.
This book really hits the nail on the head and delivers what's needed the most: a practical guide to Scrum with anecdotes and "what happens if..." situations from real world Scrum implementations.
- Agile Scrum - Incorporating Usability Practices and UCD Processes in Agile Projects
- The Agile Software Revolution - Information Technology in US Manufacturing Today
- How Agile Offshore Practices Can Avoid the "Real" Costs of Offshore Outsourcing
- How Agile Methods Resolve Chaos and Unpredictability in Software Projects
- Proven, Practical Tactics For Agile IT Release Management - A Case Study
- Keep Business Operations and Logistics Simple, Streamlined and Agile
- Estimating Agile Software Projects - How to Stay Within Budget
- Agile Planning from Enterprise Vision to Team Stand-Up Part 1
- The Scrum Sprint Burndown Chart - Every Picture Tells a Story
- What Every Manager Ought To Know About Agile Development
And Much More...
- Emereo Pty Ltd
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.37(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
I agree with other reviewers who found this book poorly edited - it is. The issues are articles out of sequence, bad English in translated articles, redundant author bios (at the end of each article when the same author has several articles) and NO publisher name, ISBN numbers or publishing date in the inside front jacket. Having said all of this, this book is an easy read and has 40 articles in the subject, including one set of five articles by the same author that is make a systematic presentation in the subject. For someone new to the scrum version of Agile development, I learned much.