The United States Government Internet Directory, 2014by Shana Hertz Hattis
The United States Government Internet Directory serves as a guide to the changing landscape of government information online. The Directory is an indispensable guidebook for anyone who is looking for official U.S. government resources on the Web. The U.S. government's online
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Discover the depth of government information and services available online.
The United States Government Internet Directory serves as a guide to the changing landscape of government information online. The Directory is an indispensable guidebook for anyone who is looking for official U.S. government resources on the Web. The U.S. government's online information is massive and can be difficult to locate. Many government sites are part of the "Deep Web" with content that does not surface or surface easily with even the most popular search engines. It is more important than ever to have a source that serves as an authoritative guide to the federal Web. The United States Government Internet Directory navigates the maze of data and locates the materials that you seek.
The subject-based approach of this book allows you to browse for relevant sites in your field of interest rather than sift through hundreds of search results or try to guess which federal agency to consult. Researchers, business people, teachers, students, and citizens in the United States and around the world can navigate the labyrinthine federal Web with The United States Government Internet Directory.
- contains more than 1,800 Web site records, organized into 21 subject themed chapters
- includes topics on a wide-range of subjects including employment, energy, defense and intelligence, culture and recreation, and much more
- provides descriptions and URLs for each site
- describes sites to help you choose the proper resource
- notes the useful or unique aspects of the site
- lists some of the major government publications hosted on the site
- contains useful, up-to-date organizational charts for the major federal government agencies
- provides a roster of congressional members with member's Web sites
- lists House and Senate Committees with committee URLs
- includes a one-page Quick Guide to the major federal agencies and the leading online library, data source, and finding aid sites
- identifies the major government Web sites related to the global recession and new government economic recovery programs
The 2014 edition contains two new appendixes which provide information on U.S embassies abroad as well as foreign embassies in the United States.
- Bernan Press
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 2 MB
Meet the Author
Shana Hertz Hattis has worked extensively with government-related sources and information during her career as an editor and analyst. Her experience includes publishing roles with Bernan Associates, Richey International, and other periodical and communications sources.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >