- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Legendary as a speaker-he memorized his speeches and could talk for hours without notes-and as ...
Legendary as a speaker-he memorized his speeches and could talk for hours without notes-and as a proponent of freethought, Ingersoll is an American original whose words still ring with truth and power today. His most important works are gathered in this 12-volume collected edition, first published posthumously in 1901.
Volume XI features a series of miscellaneous works:
• an address to the jury in a blasphemy trial
• "God in the Constitition"
• "Crimes Against Criminals"
• "A Wooden God"
• "Art and Morality"
• "Why Am I an Agnostic?"
• "How to Edit a Liberal Paper"
• thoughts on secularism, libel, freethought, science, and spirituality
• and much more