- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Legendary as a speaker-he memorized his speeches and could talk for hours without notes-and as ...
Legendary as a speaker-he memorized his speeches and could talk for hours without notes-and as a proponent of freethought, Ingersoll is an American original whose words still ring with truth and power today. His most important works are gathered in this 12-volume collected edition, first published posthumously in 1901.
Volume XII features a series of miscellaneous works:
• essays on modern thinkers, the brain and the Bible, agnosticism, and more
• a variety of short dinner speeches and addresses
• "The Religion of Abraham Lincoln"
• thoughts on superstition, liberty, joy, and youth and age
• "The Lowest Phase of Religion"
• Ingersoll's letters
• and more
Volume XII also includes the complete index for the full 12-volume set.