New Free gift-wrapping if requested; simply message us with your request. Expedited delivery 1-2 business days. Normal delivery 2-4 business days. Dispatched from Cheshire UK. ...Secure packaging. Airmail Internationally. Please see our feedback, buy with complete confidence and enjoy your book. *****PLEASE NOTE: This item is shipping from an authorized seller in Europe. In the event that a return is necessary, you will be able to return your item within the US. To learn more about our European sellers and policies see the BookQuest FAQ section*****Read moreShow Less
Completely updated and expanded, this third edition from one of the world's leading theologians introduces students to key theological issues, contextualizing them within the bible and the works of seminal theologians.
• Introduces readers to key theological issues such as God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, faith, creation, salvation, atonement, religious history, and heaven
• Thoroughly updated, with the addition of a new chapter on the Holy Spirit
• Now includes images and more pedagogical features to engage the reader
• Each chapter offers an overview of an important theme, presents relevant biblical passages, and summarizes the contribution of a major theologian
• Expands the range of theological positions discussed within the book, especially those of contemporary and feminist theologians
• Maintains the user-friendly structure of the previous edition, with the Apostle's Creed as a framework
• Concludes with suggestions on how readers can take their study further
• Can be used alongside the new edition of Theology: The Basic Readings for a complete overview of the field
"This is an excellent and extremely helpful introduction to Christian theology. Believers of all familiarity with theology will find McGrath's explanations helpful and clarifying. This would be an excellent text for a sunday school or church bible study. I would even include this as a text for an introductory course in theology." (Jacob Sweeney's Blog, 16 December 2011)
"McGrath’s approach is creedal and biblical. The chapters are lucid, engaging, and thought-provoking in so far as they serve as gateways into a complex (if not at times convoluted) field of study.” (Religious Studies Review)
“The publisher's blurb reports that the first edition was 'an international best seller' …It deserves this success. Students need such a clearly presented, sure-footed account of the theological basics.” (Theological Book Review)
Alister E. McGrath is Head of the Centre for Theology, Religion & Culture, and Professor of Theology, Ministry, and Education at King's College, London. A world-acclaimed theologian, he is the author of numerous best-selling books including The Christian Theology Reader (4th edition, 2011), Theology: The Basic Readings (2nd edition 2011), and Science and Religion (2nd edition, 2010), Dawkins' God: Genes, Memes and the Meaning of Life (2004), all published by Wiley-Blackwell.