Theories of Development Psychology / Edition 3by Patricia H. Miller
Pub. Date: 02/28/1993
Publisher: Freeman, W. H. & Company
The superb scholarship and incisive analyses, including an evaluation of the theories' strengths and weaknesses and excerpts from the theorists' work, are retained from
In this superior new edition, Patricia Miller's widely acclaimed book offers the most current and comprehensive presentation of the main theories of developmental psychology available today.
The superb scholarship and incisive analyses, including an evaluation of the theories' strengths and weaknesses and excerpts from the theorists' work, are retained from previous editions. The text places the major theories of development in historical and contemporary context, giving readers breadth as well as depth of understanding.
New to The Third Edition
- An exciting new chapter that integrates Vygotsky's theory, contextualism, ecological psychology, and cultural psychology
- New material on Piaget in the last few years before his death
- New views of strategies, capacity, and microgenetic changes
- New discussion of issues of domain-specificity in information-processing, biological, and Piagetian theories
- Extensive updating throughout
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >