Theory and Practice of Histological Techniques / Edition 6by John D. Bancroft, Marilyn Gamble
Pub. Date: 10/04/2007
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Here's the latest edition of the leading reference work on histological techniques. This book is an essential and invaluable resource no matter what part you play in histological preparations and applications, whether you're a student or a highly experienced laboratory professional. This is a one stop reference book that will help you at the beginning of your… See more details below
Here's the latest edition of the leading reference work on histological techniques. This book is an essential and invaluable resource no matter what part you play in histological preparations and applications, whether you're a student or a highly experienced laboratory professional. This is a one stop reference book that will help you at the beginning of your career and which will remain valuable to you, even as you gain experience in daily practice.
• Contributions from almost 30 expert contributors involved in teaching, research and practice provide a well-rounded perspective.
• Extensive summary tables, charts and boxes make reference easy
• Color photomicrographs provide visual guidance on the latest techniques.
• Expanded coverage of immunohistochemistry helps you make optimal use of this crucial approach.
• New coverage of molecular genetics as it applies to histopathological diagnoses.
• 5 brand new chapters on Ergonomics, Laser Capture, Tissue Microarray, GrossingTechniques, and Genetics keep you up to speed on the latest techniques.
• New material on Quality Assurance and Audit facilitates day-to-day laboratory management.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.30(w) x 9.80(h) x 1.80(d)
Table of Contents
Managing the Laboratory
Safety in the Laboratory
Fixation of Tissues
The Gross Room/Surgical Cutup
Microtomy: Paraffin and Frozen
How do Histological Stains Work?
The Hematoxylins and Eosin
Connective Tissues and Stains
Proteins and Nucleic Acids
Pigments and MInerals
The Dispersed Neuroendocrine System, Cytoplasmic Granules, and other Organelles
Techniques in Neuropathology
Enzyme Histochemistry and its Diagnostic Applications
Immunohistochemistry Quality Control
Immunohistochemistry Applications in Pathology
Molecular PathologyIn Sits Hybridization
Genetic Testing: Utilization of Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization (FISH)
Plastic Embedding for Light Microscopy
Quantitative Data from Microscopic Specimens
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >