Therapeutic Exercise: Foundations and Techniquesby Carolyn Kisner, Lynn A. Colby
Thoroughly revised and updated throughout—in a long-wearing, hard cover binding, Kisner & Colby’s 5th Edition offers the most up-to-date guidelines for managing musculoskeletal conditions. Now, with even more illustrations, it provides principles of therapeutic exercise and manual therapy. This renowned manual remains the authoritative source for exercise… See more details below
Thoroughly revised and updated throughout—in a long-wearing, hard cover binding, Kisner & Colby’s 5th Edition offers the most up-to-date guidelines for managing musculoskeletal conditions. Now, with even more illustrations, it provides principles of therapeutic exercise and manual therapy. This renowned manual remains the authoritative source for exercise instruction for the therapist and for patient self management.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- New, long-wearing, hard cover binding. No more spiral binding!
- 3 brand-new chapters—Prevention Health and Wellness Exercises for Impaired Balance, and Peripheral Nerve Disorders and Management.
- Newboxes to highlight Focus on Evidence, Management Guidelines, and Outcome.
- More clinical examples and more cases studies.
- More "guide" language.
- More illustrations—including anatomical reviews, clinical photographs, and line drawings.
- And, much more!
- F. A. Davis Company
- Publication date:
Table of ContentsI. General Concepts
1. Therapeutic Exercise: Foundational Concepts
2. Prevention and Wellness NEW!
II. Applied Science of Exercise and Techniques
3. Range of Motion
4. Stretching for Impaired Mobility
5. Peripheral Joint Mobilization
6. Resistance Exercise for Impaired Muscle Performance
7. Principles of Aerobic Exercise
8. Exercise for Impaired Balance NEW!
9. Aquatic Exercise
III. Principles of Intervention
10. Soft Tissue Injury, Repair, and Management
11. Joint, Connective Tissue, and Bone Disorders and Management
12. Surgical Interventions and Postoperative Management
13. Peripheral Nerve Disorders and Management
IV. Exercise Interventions by Body Region
14. The Spine and Posture: Structure, Function, Postural Impairments, and Management Guidelines
15. The Spine: Impairments, Diagnoses, and Management Guidelines
16. The Spine: Exercise Interventions
17. The Shoulder and Shoulder Girdle
18. The Elbow and Forearm Complex
19. The Wrist and Hand
20. The Hip
21. The Knee
22. The Ankle and Foot
V. Special Areas of Therapeutic Exercise
23. Women’s Health: Obstetrics and Pelvic Floor
24. Management of Vascular Disorders of the Extremities
25. Management of Pulmonary Conditions
Appendix: Systematic Musculoskeletal Examination Guidelines
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >