Therapeutic Exercise for Physical Therapy Assistants: Techniques for Intervention / Edition 3by William D. Bandy
Therapeutic Exercise for Physical Therapist Assistants is the first and only textbook that offers the training you need to fulfill your responsibilities as a physical therapist assistant. This book gives you the knowledge and skills to effectively implement patient treatment plans using therapeutic exercise techniques that you administer under the direction/i>… See more details below
Therapeutic Exercise for Physical Therapist Assistants is the first and only textbook that offers the training you need to fulfill your responsibilities as a physical therapist assistant. This book gives you the knowledge and skills to effectively implement patient treatment plans using therapeutic exercise techniques that you administer under the direction of a physical therapist.
Detailed descriptions are provided for the gamut of therapeutic exercises, including range of motion, stretching, open chain resistance training, plyometrics, and functional return. You learn the purpose, position, and procedure for each technique for a complete understanding of how to guide patients in performing these exercises.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
· Three New Chaptershave been added:
o Joint Mobilization
o Therapeutic Exercise for the Preparation of Gait Activities
o Application of Therapeutic Exercise Using Sample Protocols
· Review Questions at the end of each chapter test your knowledge and comprehension.
· Chapter Objectives summarize key concepts at the beginning of each chapter.
· Case Studies demonstrate how the techniques presented in the text are applied to actual patients and how physical therapist assistants and physical therapists work together.
· Pediatric and Geriatric Boxes set forth recommendations for exercises that accommodate the needs of children and the elderly.
· Clinical Guidelines summarize how, why, and when to use specific techniques.
· A Glossary defines key words and concepts that you need to know.
With contributions from 26 therapeutic exercise experts, this textbook not only helps you develop the skills needed to become a physical therapist assistant, but it will also serve as a valuable on-the-job reference for many years to come.
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.30(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
Preface to Third Edition
PART I: Foundations of Therapeutic Exercise
1. Introduction to Therapeutic Exercise
2. The Role of the Physical Therapist Assistant
PART II: Mobility
3. Range of Motion
4. Joint Mobilization
5. Stretching Activities for Increasing Muscle Flexibility
PART III: Strength and Power
6. Principles of Resistance Training
7. Open-Chain–Resistance Training
8. Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation
9. Closed-Kinetic–Chain Exercise
PART IV: Balance
11. Balance Training
12. Reactive Neuromuscular Training
PART V: Cardiopulmonary Applications
13. Principles of Aerobic Conditioning and Cardiac Rehabilitation
14. Enhancement of Breathing and Pulmonary Function
PART VI: Functional Progression in Therapeutic Exercise
15. Functional Progression for the Spine
16. Functional Progression for the Extremities
PART VII: Unique Applications of Therapeutic Exercise
17. Aquatic Therapy
18. Therapeutic Exercise for the Preparation
of Gait Activities
19. Principles of Contextual Fitness and Function for Older Adults
20. Application of Therapeutic Exercise using Sample Protocols
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >