Therapeutic Programs for Musculoskeletal Disorders is a guide for musculoskeletal medicine trainees and physicians to the art and science of writing therapy prescriptions and developing individualized treatment plans. Chapters are written by teams of musculoskeletal physicians, allied health professionals, and trainees to underscore the importance of collaboration in designing programs and improving outcomes.
The book employs a literature-driven treatment approach to the common musculoskeletal problems that clinicians encounter on a daily basis. Each condition-specific chapter includes clinical background and presentation, physical examination, and diagnostics, followed by a comprehensive look at the rehabilitation program. Case examples with detailed therapy prescriptions reinforce key points. The book includes a bound-in DVD with downloadable patient handouts for most conditions.
Therapeutic Programs for Musculoskeletal Disorders Features:
- A concise but comprehensive approach to the conservative treatment of musculoskeletal disorders
- A focus on developing individualized treatment plans incorporating physical modalities, manual therapy, and therapeutic exercise
- A logical framework for writing effective therapy-based prescriptions for common limb and spine problems
- Case examples with detailed therapy prescriptions
- A targeted review of the associated literature in each condition-specific chapter
- A DVD with illustrated handouts covering home modalities and therapeutic exercises for key problems that can be provided to patients
- The first reference bringing together physicians, allied health professionals, and residents to provide an integrated foundation for improved team care utilizing an evidence-based approach to musculoskeletal rehabilitation