- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
(NOTE: Volume I includes Chapters 1-16 and Volume II includes Chapters 16-31)
1. The New World Encounters the Old: Why 1492?
2. The Old World Comes to America: What Brought Europeans and Africans to the New World?
3. Colonial Society: How Did Old World Life and Culture Change the Wilderness?
4. Moving Toward Independence: Why Did the Colonists Revolt?
5. The Revolution: How Did It Change America?
6. The Origins of the Constitution: By Popular Demand?
7. The First Party System: What Issues Divided the New Nation?
8. The Jeffersonians in Office: How Did Power Affect Republican Ideology?
9. The American Economic Miracle: What Made It Possible?
10. Jacksonian Democracy: What Was It and How Did It Change Political Life?
11. The Mexican War and Expansionism: Greed, Manifest Destiny, or Inevitability?
12. Americans Before the Civil War: What Where They Really Like?
13. The Old South: What Is Myth and What Was Real?
14. The Coming of the Civil War: What Caused the Division?
15. The Civil War: How Did the War Change the Nation?
16. Reconstruction: What Went Wrong?
17. The Triumph of Industrialism: What Were the Causes, What Were the Costs?
18. Age of the City: What Did Cities Offer? and to Whom?
19. The Trans-Missouri West:Another Colony?
20. The Gilded Age: How “Gilded” Was It?
21. The American Empire: Why Did the United States Look Abroad?
22. Progressivism: What Were Its Roots and What Were Its Accomplishments?
23. World War I: Idealism, National Interest, or Neutral Rights?
24. The Twenties: Happy Adolescence or Decade of Stress?
25. The New Deal: Too Far or Not Far Enough?
26. World War II: Blunder, or Decision in the National Interest?
27. Post War America: Why So Security Conscious?
28. The Dissenting Sixties: Why Protest in the “Great Society” ?
29. The Uncertain Seventies: Why Did the Right Fail?
30. The “Reagan Revolution” : What Was It? What Did It Accomplish?
31. A Different America?: Would Diversity and the Cold War's End Change America?