Guiding students and movie lovers through the building blocks required to watch movies critically and analytically, Thinking About Movies 2nd edition offers an intelligent and lively introduction to the ways movies are constructed, achieve their effect, and convey their powerful messages.
- Provides a comprehensive guide for students and movie lovers to watching movies critically and analytically.
- Introduces the critical building blocks required to understand film as an important narrative and cultural form.
- Guides readers through basic approaches to film analysis such as authorship, genre, race, class, gender, film theory, audience, and reception.
- Includes discussion of a diverse selection of films, from Citizen Kane to The Sixth Sense.
- Extensively illustrated throughout.
- Material has been fully revised and re-designed for this second edition.
Thinking About Movies, 2nd edition is accompanied by a website at http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/lehman featuring resources for both academics and students.