- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book is a critical combination of both the theory and ideas behind the teaching of thinking and very practical strategies to teach thinking in the individual classroom. Six brief "theoretical" chapters are followed by a chapter of practical strategies.
1. Introduction: The Idea of a Culture of Thinking.
2. The Language of Thinking.
3. The Language of Thinking: Pictures of Practice.
4. Thinking Dispositions.
5. Thinking Dispositions: Pictures of Practice.
6. Mental Management.
7. Mental Management: Pictures of Practice.
8. The Strategic Spirit.
9. The Strategic Spirit: Pictures of Practice.
10. Higher Order Knowledge.
11. Higher Order Knowledge: Pictures of Practice.
12. Teaching for Transfer.
13. Teaching for Transfer: Pictures of Practice.
14. Pulling It All Together: From the Thinking Classroom to the Thinking School.