Thinking Mathematically / Edition 2by Robert F. Blitzer
Pub. Date: 03/21/2002
Bob Blitzer's books are highly acclaimed for their well-conceived, relevant applications and meticulously annotated examples. This highly anticipated revision achieves the difficult balance between coverage and motivation, while helping readers develop strong problem-solving skills. This book provides readers with the skill building and practice that is so crucial as well as the applications and technology necessary to foster an appreciation of the myriad uses of mathematics. This book covers a wide range of topics including set theory, logic, number theory, algebra, consumer mathematics and financial management, geometry, measurement, probability theory and statistics. For anyone interested in refreshing his/her fundamental math skills.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.25(w) x 10.37(h) x 1.25(d)
Table of Contents1. Problem Solving and Critical Thinking.
2. Set Theory.
4. Number Representation and Calculation.
5. Number Theory and the Real Number System.
6. Algebra: Equations and Inequalities.
7. Algebra: Graphs, Functions, and Linear Systems.
8. Consumer Mathematics and Financial Management.
11. Counting Methods and Probability Theory.
13. Mathematical Systems.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >