- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Did you know?
Eight out of ten people consider your smile the most dominant feature of your facial appearance!
Source: Article in Journal of American Dental Association
Don’t just say, ‘Ah!’ Be a smart dental consumer and get the best information on one of the most important health investments you can make!
A visit to the dentist is about more than just brushing and flossing. It’s about one of the most visible and important parts of who you are—your smile! Dr. Charles Martin is an award-winning senior diagnostician who will help you navigate the choices you can make about how you look and how others perceive you.
In this valuable book, one of America’s friendliest dentists helps you…
• Avoid myths, mistakes and misunderstandings
• Understand comprehensive care
• Make a mouthbody connection
• Manage aging and gum disease
• Learn why you will never need dentures
• Find the perfect dentist for you
• Increase your smile power
• Know the secrets of sedation
• Understand how to prevent a simple dental problem from becoming a major threat to your health
• Discover the advantages of implants
…and how to use the latest developments in dentistry to change the way you look and feel.
Chapter 1 Myths, Mistakes and Misunderstandings 19
Chapter 2 What is Comprehensive Care? 37
Chapter 3 Your Dental Experience 55
Chapter 4 The Mouth Body Connection 67
Chapter 5 Smile Transformations 75
Chapter 6 Gum Disease (Periodontitis) 87
Chapter 7 Smiling As We Grow Older 105
Chapter 8 Removable Teeth 115
Chapter 9 Brushing and Flossing 129
Chapter 10 How to Keep Your Teeth for a Lifetime 141
Chapter 11 Smile Power 155
Chapter 12 The Right Dentist For You 203
Chapter 13 Sedation Dentistry 211
Chapter 14 Dentures - Just Say No 219
Chapter 15 Dental Implants 231
Chapter 16 Dentistry in Richmond 261
Meet Dr. Martin 275