-Johnny Long, Hacker at Large Author of the best-selling "Google Hacking" series
Thor's Microsoft Security Bible: A Collection of Practical Security Techniquesby Timothy "Thor" Mullen
Thor’s Microsoft® Security Bible provides a "one-stop-shop" for Microsoft-related security techniques and procedures as applied to the typical deployment of a Microsoft-based infrastructure. The book contains detailed security concepts and methodologies described at every level: Server, Client, Organizational Structure, Platform-specific/i>/i>… See more details below
Thor’s Microsoft® Security Bible provides a "one-stop-shop" for Microsoft-related security techniques and procedures as applied to the typical deployment of a Microsoft-based infrastructure. The book contains detailed security concepts and methodologies described at every level: Server, Client, Organizational Structure, Platform-specific security options, application specific security (IIS, SQL, Active Directory, etc.) and also includes new, never-before-published security tools complete with source code.
- Named the 2011 Best Systems Administration Book by InfoSec Reviews
- Detailed technical information on security processes for all major Microsoft applications
- Unique project-based "storytelling" delivery, combining multiple security techniques and methods together for real-world solutions to security challenges in actual business use cases
- Reference-style content for access to specific application security techniques and methods
- Actual author opinion and guidance as not only HOW to go about security particular applications, but WHY to do so
- DVD Companion disk with source code, tools, video tutorials, and other materials
- Elsevier Science
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.70(w) x 9.40(h) x 1.10(d)
Meet the Author
Timothy “Thor” Mullen is an independent programming consultant who, after 25 years of supporting Microsoft operating systems and programming languages, has completely abandoned all Microsoft technologies in favor of Apple OS X and open source systems such as Linux and BSD.
After years working for the software giant, Thor now condemns the company for their unethical practices and evangelizes for Apple OS X and open systems and has committed his research to the betterment of users by providing guidance for users to switch from their dependency upon Windows and enjoy the superior, secure, and feature-rich experience that is OS X.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >