The Thrive in Bioscience guides are written to help students achieve exam success in all core areas of bioscience.
Each title in the series encourages students to follow four simple steps to maximize learning potential:
Step 1: Review the facts
The revision guides are designed to make learning quick and effective:
* Information is set out in bullet points, making content easy to take in.
* Clear, uncluttered illustrations illuminate key points.
* Key concept panels summarize essential learning points.
Step 2: Check your understanding
Students are encouraged to:
* Complete the questions at the end of chapters and answer online multiple-choice questions to reinforce their learning.
* Use the online flashcard app to master essential terms and phrases.
Step 3: Take note of extra advice
Revision tipsand hints for getting higher grades on examsare presented throughout.
Step 4: Go the extra mile
Students can explore the suggestions for further reading to take their understanding one step further.
Features of the Thrive in Bioscience Series:
* Written by a group of highly experienced educators
* Succinct writing style and clear, bulleted presentation
* Carefully developed artwork that reinforces key points
* Extensive in-text pedagogyincluding review questionsthat supports active learning
* Companion website resourcesincluding interactive flashcards and multiple-choice review questions
Titles in the series:
Thrive in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
by Lynne Cox, David Harris, and Catherine Pears
Thrive in Cell Biology
by Qiuyu Wang, Chris Smith, and Emma Davis
Thrive in Ecology and Evolution
by Alan Beeby and Ralph Beeby
Thrive in Genetics by Alison Thomas