Through the Eyes of a Child: An Introduction to Children's Literature / Edition 5by Donna E. Norton, Saundra E. Norton
Pub. Date: 07/07/1998
Publisher: Pearson Education
See more details below
Through the Eyes of a Child: An Introduction to Children’s Literature continues to be a visually stunning, theoretically sound, comprehensive overview of children’s literature. It will prepare you to appreciate, evaluate, and share children’s literature by examining the most important/i>
Through the Eyes of a Child: An Introduction to Children’s Literature continues to be a visually stunning, theoretically sound, comprehensive overview of children’s literature. It will prepare you to appreciate, evaluate, and share children’s literature by examining the most important elements of the literature and by addressing the interests and needs of its readers.
No text better prepares you for evaluating, choosing, and sharing quality children’s literature than Through the Eyes of a Child.
· A full chapter, Chapter 3, is devoted to the discussion of evaluating and choosing literature for children.
· Evaluation Criteria boxes in every genre chapter outline exactly what you need to look for in quality literature.
· In-Depth Analysis features take you deep into an exemplary title to help you discover the elements that compose quality literature.
The seventh edition of the text broadens its look at the literature that appeals to and nourishes children and adolescents.
· The text’s long-known coverage of multicultural literature has been embedded into every chapter to help you integrate and appreciate these titles. Look for the Multicultural Literature logo to find specific coverage in every chapter.
· Because of the increased popularity and quality of nonfiction titles, coverage has been expanded to two chapters: Chapter 11’s Biographies and Chapter 12’s Informational Books.
By incorporating media the 7th edition gives you the tools to stay up to date, do research, and utilize technology to enrich your learning and teaching.
· A Database of Children’s Literature CD-ROM accompanies the text, providing you information on thousands of excellent titles worth sharing with children and adolescents.
· Technology Resource features throughout chapters help you make the most of the media available with the text, providing specific ideas for integrating the technology into teaching.
· A robust Companion Website containing lessons, online activities, self-assessment opportunities and valuable links to literature-related sites gives you the tools to enrich your study of children’s literature.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.36(w) x 10.36(h) x 1.29(d)
Table of Contents
|Ch. 1||The child responds to literature||1|
|Ch. 2||The history of children's literature||43|
|Ch. 3||Evaluating and selecting literature for children||73|
|Ch. 4||Artists and their illustrations||117|
|Ch. 5||Picture books||161|
|Ch. 6||Traditional literature||207|
|Ch. 7||Modern fantasy||271|
|Ch. 9||Contemporary realistic fiction||361|
|Ch. 10||Historical fiction||415|
|Ch. 12||Informational books||499|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >