Time Planet Earth: An Illustrated Historyby Time Magazine Editors
The third planet from the sun is mankind's home -- but how well do you know it? Its molten core, for instance, is hotter than the surface of the sun. Now, TIME presents an unrivaled portrait of Planet Earth: its violent history, its vast oceans, its constantly changing geology, its life-sheltering atmosphere, its fascinating life forms, and its imperiled climate.
TIME joins scientists in the field, visits with indigenous people and consults with experts to report on the biggest story of this year and every year: Planet Earth. And we visit the Earth's extremes: the longest rivers, tallest mountains and driest deserts on the planet. This beautifully illustrated volume, featuring the work of award-winning photographers, presents a portrait of our wondrous planet -- and of all the beings that call it home -- that is revelatory, awe-inspiring and essential.
- Perfect for those who want simply to enjoy beautiful photographs or those who want to learn the history, geology, geography, and life forms on this planet
- Divided into broad major sections, containing spreads that function as individual units and as a larger theme
- Includes fascinating, informative graphic spreads from TIME's celebrated graphic artists -- from the science of wildfires to what happens inside a hurricane
- Features multiple points of entry: a spread might contain three or four sidebars -- trivia, definitions, scientific debates, history, locations, Top Ten lists -- all guaranteed to add fun and information
- Time Home Entertainment, Inc
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 11.00(w) x 12.15(h) x 1.00(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >