- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Torts: Cases and Problems is designed to be a book that is fun to teach and fun to read. The clear focus of the book is on the cases presented. There are problems throughout the book that invite discussion and analysis, but notes are minimal. Exciting recent and newsworthy...
Torts: Cases and Problems is designed to be a book that is fun to teach and fun to read. The clear focus of the book is on the cases presented. There are problems throughout the book that invite discussion and analysis, but notes are minimal. Exciting recent and newsworthy cases have been added to many chapters rendering this book completely up-to-date on issues and developments that would be covered in any Torts course. The new cases include:
Chapter 2: Intentional Torts
• Zavala v. Walmart Stores, Inc.
• Yates v. John Marshall Law School
Chapter 3: Privileges
• Koffman v. Garnett
• CCH v. Philadelphia Phillies, Inc.
Chapter 4: Duty
• Chapa v. Traciers & Associates, Inc.
• Binns v. Westminster Memorial Park
Chapter 5: Negligence
• John B. v. Superior Court of Los Angeles County
Chapter 6: Cause in Fact
• Georgia Pacific Corp. v. Bostic
• Daubert v. Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Chapter 7: Proximate Cause
• Hamblin v. State
Chapter 8: Multiple Defendants: Joint and Several Liability
• Banks v. Elks Club Pride of Tennessee
• Richards v. Badger Mutual Ins. Co.
Chapter 9: The Liability of Landowners
• Wrinkle v. Norman
Chapter 10: Damages
• State Farm Mutual Automobile Ins. Co. v. Campbell
Chapter 11: The Wrongful Death and Survival Statutes
• Langan v. St. Vincent's Hospital of New York
Chapter 12: Strict Liability
• Dyer v. Maine Drilling and Blasting, Inc.
Chapter 13: Products Liability
• Powers v. Taser International, Inc.
• Freeman v. Hoffman-LaRoche, Inc.
• Mikolajczyk v. Ford Motor Company
Chapter 14: Defenses
• Patterson v. Sacramento City Unified School District
• Vinikoor v. Pedal Pennsylvania, Inc.
• Ford v. Polaris Industries, Inc.
Chapter 15: Toxic Torts
• Neal v. Dow Agrosciences LLC
• In re: Hanford Nuclear Reservation LitigationPhillips v. E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Co.
• Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway Company v. United States
Chapter 21: Tortious Interference with Contract
• Walnut Street Associates, Inc., v. Brokerage Concepts, Inc.