Part I: Torture and Disappearance as an Ecclesiological Problem:.
1. Torture as Liturgy.
2. Torture and Fragmentation.
3. The Striptease of Power.
4. Habeas Corpus.
Part II: The Church Learns How to be Oppressed:.
5. Christians for Socialism.
6."Torture Isn't Everything".
7. The Stubborn Monkey.
8. "I Am Jesus, Whom You Are Persecuting".
9. The Church as Russia.
Part III: The Ecclesiology of a Disappearing Church:.
10. An Amiable Divorce.
11. The Rise of "Social Catholicism".
12. Catholic Action in Chile.
Part IV: A Distinction of Planes:.
13. Maritain Among Us.
14. The Minimum of Body.
15. New Christendom.
16. The Disappearance of the Church.
17. The End of the Story.
Part V: The True Body of Christ:.
18. The Mystical and the True.
19. Until He Comes.
20. Re-membering Christ.
21. Making the Body Visible.
Part VI: Performing the Body of Christ:.
22. "But Father, Look at This Body".
23. Knitting the Social Fabric.
24. Mysterious Channels.
25. Torture and Eucharist.