Total Fitness and Wellness / Edition 5by Scott K. Powers
Pub. Date: 01/21/2008
Publisher: Benjamin Cummings
Using an interactive approach for the evaluation of fitness levels and nutritional status, Total Fitness and Wellness, Third Edition teaches readers how to bring about lifestyle/behavior changes to achieve optimal fitness and wellness. Authors Scott Powers and Stephen Dodd, who have each taught for more than 20 years and won various teaching awards, bring their expertise in exercise physiology to this book. In addition to covering the primary concepts of physical fitness and wellness, the book provides a strong foundation in both exercise physiology and nutrition while addressing important issues such as exercise-related injuries, exercise and the environment, and exercise for special populations. For college instructors and students, or anyone interested in fitness and wellness, fitness concepts, or personal fitness.
- Benjamin Cummings
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
Table of Contents1. Understanding Health-Related Fitness and Wellness.
2. Fitness Evaluation: Self-Testing.
3. General Principles of Exercise for Health and Fitness.
4. Exercise Prescription Guidelines: Cardiorespiratory Fitness.
5. Improving Muscular Strength and Endurance.
6. Improving Flexibility.
7. Nutrition, Health, and Fitness.
8. Exercise, Diet, and Weight Control.
9. Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease.
10. Stress Management and Modifying Unhealthy Behavior.
11. Exercise and the Environment.
12. Exercise for Special Populations.
13. Prevention and Rehabilitation of Exercise-Related Injuries.
14. Prevention of Cancer.
15. Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Drug Abuse.
16. Life Time Fitness.
Appendix: Nutritional Content of Foods, Beverages, and Fast Food Items.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >