Montreal-born Steve Dryden studied journalism at Carleton University and then worked the sports beat with the Cornwall Standard-Freeholder and the Woodstock Sentinel-Review. He joined The Hockey News in 1985, subsequently became editor-in-chief, and now is editor-in-chief and publisher. He continues to play hockey himself in Toronto, where he makes his home.
Total Gretzky: The Magic, the Legend, the Numbersby Steve Dryden (Editor), Hockey News Staff, Peter Gzowski (Foreword by)
Now, Total Gretzkya gorgeous, full-colour cloth book based on The Hockey News' commemorative magazine Wayne Gretzky: A Legend/i>/i>
Wayne Gretzky's achievements and contribution to his sport are almost immeasurable, earning him a place among the best of our ageJordan, Ali, and Pelé. He is the one-and-only No. 99. There will never be another.
Now, Total Gretzkya gorgeous, full-colour cloth book based on The Hockey News' commemorative magazine Wayne Gretzky: A Legend in Our Time, but adding much more materialgives hockey fans a wonderful and lasting tribute to the greatest hockey player of all time. Produced by The Hockey News, far-and-away the sport's pre-eminent journal, it follows Gretzky's entire career: from his earliest playing days in minor and junior hockey to his four Stanley Cup wins with the Oilers; from the legendary trade that took him to Los Angeles to his time with the Blues and the Rangers.
The magazine includes glowing tributes from former players, including one from Ken Dryden, and many fascinating and revealing articles about No. 99. Total Gretzky includes all of the magazine, and adds a foreword by Peter Gzowski, a 10,000 word essay by Roy MacGregor, more glorious photos of the Great One, and an entire section of Gretzky statistics. Total Gretzky is a complete look at Wayne Gretzky's career, and a book no hockey fan should be without.
Wayne Gretzky was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in November, 1999.
Includes all of the magazine as produced by The Hockey News, plus more:
- Expanded from 96 pages to 176 · 110 stunning photographs, almost exclusively in colour
- Foreword by Peter Gzowski, a long-time friend of Wayne Gretzky
- 10,000 word essay by Roy MacGregor, perhaps the finest hockey writer today
- PLUS: A new section of Gretzky statistics. The most exhaustive look at Gretzky's career ever compiled, this section lists every game in which Gretzky ever played in the NHL, the WHA, the OHL, and with Team Canada, with a running total of goals, assists, and points accumulated as a professional player. Games with special significance are highlighted and given extra attention.
- McClelland & Stewart Ltd.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.03(w) x 10.34(h) x 0.40(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews