Touring the Universe: A Practical Guide to Exploring the Cosmos thru 2017by Ken Graun
Touring the Universe is a complete astronomy field guide written especially for beginning & intermediate astronomy enthusiasts. It lets you in on the best places in the cosmos to explore, when and where to witness the most spectacular events, and how to get there to have the best experience! Even those on a budget will garner a lifetime of memories. Liftoff is now! Fasten your seat belts.Highlights
- Written especially to help beginners, dabblers or budding amateur astronomers, from high school to adult, to get started in understanding and observing the heavens.
- First section of the book takes you on an introductory tour of our solar system, then on through our galaxy and into the depths of the universe. The second sections provides information for exploring the night sky with your eyes, binoculars or telescope.
- Up-to-date information on choosing binoculars or a telescope.
- Full-color star charts cover the entire celestial sphere < for use anywhere in the world. Over 100 binocular and telescope objects indicated and described.
- Detailed description on finding and observing each of the eight planets through 2017.
- Detailed description on finding and observing over 100 star clusters, nebulae and galaxies.
- Moon map and moon phases through 2017.
- Worldwide eclipses through 2017.
- Meteor showers, astrophotography, universal time and more.
- Table of contents, glossary, index, historical timelines.
- Loaded with color photos, illustrations and tables.
- Spiral bound (lays flat for easy use of star charts).
- 10.5" x 10.5", 128 pages.
- Ken Press
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 10.50(w) x 10.50(h) x 0.25(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >