- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
New to this edition:
* New "Technology in Tourism" features highlights the increasing role of technology tools and systems in the tourism industry
* Up-to-date Australian and international statistics
* Increased coverage of regional tourism issues and initiatives
* More coverage of the key tourism players - government, industry and individuals
* A thorough discussion of the economic, sociocultural and environmental impacts of tourism
* A chapter on sustainable tourism including ecotourism, sustainable mass tourism and industry responses and practives
* A chapter on tourism research which introduces students to the function and scope of research in this area
* Four practical features in each chapter to illustrate and reinforce the theory:
-- Managing tourism: illustrates how a tourism-related process or company has been managed and the issues involved in doing so
-- Contemporary issue: a brief case study which discusses a contemporary tourism issue such as the formation of strategic airline alliances, sex tourism, and the importance of international students as a component of Australian tourism
-- Breakthrough tourism: discusses a leading edge company, destination or development in the tourism sector
-- Technology in tourism: highlights the increasing role of technology tools and systems in the tourism industry
* A chapter review which summarises the key points of each chapter and contains a summary of key concepts arranged to show the links between concepts and their subconcepts
* Discussion questions, practical exercises and a case study in each chapter
Chapter 1. Introduction to Tourism Management.
Chapter 2. The Tourism System.
Chapter 3. The Evolution and Growth of Tourism.
Chapter 4. Destinations.
Chapter 5 The Tourism Product.
Chapter 6. Tourist Markets.
Chapter 7. Tourism Marketing.
Chapter 8. Economic Impacts of Tourism.
Chapter 9. Sociocultural and Environmental Impacts of Tourism.
Chapter 10. Destination Development.
Chapter 11. Sustainable Tourism.
Chapter 12. Tourism Research.
Appendix 1. Selected International and Australian Tourism Organisations.
Appendix 2. Refereed English Language Tourism Journals (2000).
Appendix 3. Inbound and Outbound Tourism Data.
Appendix 4. Groupe Développement Candidate Sustainable Tourism Indicators.