Libby McDonald is a writer, a documentary filmmaker, and a mother of four. An advocate for children, she started an alternative public school for the underprivileged in Jersey City, New Jersey.
The Toxic Sandbox: The Truth About Environmental Toxins and Our Children's Healthby Libby McDonald, Ted Schettler (Foreword by)
From pesticides to PCBs-what's a threat, what's not, and what to do about it. Mercury. Lead. Pesticides. Plastics. Air pollution. PCBs. How can parents sort through the hype, propaganda, and misinformation-and find out what is and isn't a threat to children's health? Investigative journalist, advocate, and concerned parent Libby McDonald separates the facts from the alarmist myths. Based on the latest research along with interviews with top medical, toxicological, and environmental experts, The Toxic Sandbox covers a wide range of essential concerns, including:
- How can kids be protected from mercury poisoning?
- What are the sources of lead poisoning, and how can they be avoided?
- What pesticides are children ingesting, and does eating organic keep them safe?
- Which teenage beauty products contain carcinogenic phthalates?
- What are PCBs and PBDEs and why are they found in breast milk?
- What can be done to stop the childhood asthma epidemic?
Delivering reliable, up-to-date information, this indispensable resource will empower parents to protect their kids-and raise awareness for the greater good.
- Penguin Publishing Group
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.50(w) x 8.30(h) x 0.58(d)
- Age Range:
- 18 - 17 Years
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews