W. Daniel Quillen has been practicing and teaching genealogy for more than twenty years. He is the author of eight Cold Spring Press books on genealogy, including Secrets of Tracing Your Ancestors, The Troubleshooter's Guide to Do-It-Yourself Genealogy, and all the books in the Quillen's Essentials of Genealogy series.
Tracing Your Irish & British Roots, 2Eby W. Daniel Quillen
More than 63 million Americans claim Irish or British ancestry. And many of those millions are searching for their ancestral roots. Most won’t be able to trace back many generations before they have to “
More than 20 percent of Americans are of Irish or British descent and W. Daniel Quillen offers special advice just for these do-it-yourself genealogists.
More than 63 million Americans claim Irish or British ancestry. And many of those millions are searching for their ancestral roots. Most won’t be able to trace back many generations before they have to “leap across the pond” in search of their ancestors, and Volume V in Quillen’s Essentials of Genealogy helps budding genealogists do just that.
Topics addressed in the book include:
· Where to find Irish and British records
· How to access these records
· How to use the Internet to help you in your search
· Necessary preparations for a trip abroad to do research in these countries
· Pitfalls and issues in obtaining such records
· Research tips specifically geared for England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales
New to this edition: more in-depth treatment of tracing your Scottish ancestors.
- Cold Spring Press
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.56(w) x 8.54(h) x 0.31(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >