- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The Tragedy of Vietnam is a brief and accessible text that provides comprehensive coverage of the causes and consequences of the Vietnam War. The book provides extensive background on the Vietnam War, the relevant history of Southeast Asia and the consequences of the Vietnam conflict on the region.
Author Patrick Hearden examines the key decisions and questions surroudning the tragic American entanglement in Vietnam, providing readers with a fascinating discussion of why the United States became involved in this war and why this involvement persisted for nearly a quarter of a century. This book covers the social, economic, ideological, diplomatic and military aspects of the Vietnam War.
1. The French Indochina Empire.
2. The Dream of a Pax Americana.
3. America's Mandarin.
4. The Summons of the Trumpet.
5. The Master of Deceit. Political Disorder in South Vietnam.
6. The Escalating Military Stalemate.
7. Withdrawal Without Victory.