Training Fundamentals: Pfeiffer Essential Guides to Training Basics / Edition 1by Janis Fisher Chan
Training Fundamentals is a no-nonsense, practical overview of training, filled with useful information, best practices, and proven strategies to help both new and experienced trainers develop their skills and design and deliver training that achieves results in today's rapidly changing learning environment. Designed to be easy-to-use, Training Fundamentals covers a… See more details below
Training Fundamentals is a no-nonsense, practical overview of training, filled with useful information, best practices, and proven strategies to help both new and experienced trainers develop their skills and design and deliver training that achieves results in today's rapidly changing learning environment. Designed to be easy-to-use, Training Fundamentals covers a range of topics, including:
- How training helps organizations achieve their goals
- What characteristics and skills a trainer needs to be successful
- The adult learning principles that guide all successful training programs
- The basics of designing, developing, delivering, and evaluating training programs
- Guidelines for becoming a professional trainer
The Pfeiffer Essential Guides to Training Basics is a three-volume seriesTraining Fundamentals, Designing and Developing Training Programs, and Delivering Training Workshopsthat offers new and experienced trainers a wealth of ideas, information, tips, tools, and techniques.
Praise for Training Fundamentals
"Trainingit sounds so simple, but it's not. This book provides an essentialand practicalfoundation for designing and delivering a successful workshop. It's easy to use, practical, and chock full of insights only a successful trainer knows."
Barbara Nelson, principal of Nelson Communications
"With crisp, fresh, and easy to understand language, Chan cuts through all the jargon and provides easy to follow guidelines for becoming a pro."
Terrence L. Gargiulo, president, MAKINGSTORIES.net, and author, Building Business Acumen for Trainers and Trainer's Portable Mentor
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.90(w) x 9.20(h) x 0.60(d)
Table of Contents
1. AN INTRODUCTION TO TRAINING.
1. What Is Training?
2. Why Do Organizations Need Training?
3. What Do Trainers Do?
4. What Makes a “Good” Trainer?
2. WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT TEACHING ADULTS.
1. How Adults Learn.
2. What Is Learner-Centered Training?
3. Differences in Learning Styles and Preferences.
4. Differences in Types of Learning.
3. DESIGNING TRAINING PROGRAMS.
1. Purpose of the Instructional Design Process.
2. All About ADDIE.
3. Analyzing the Need.
4. Writing the Learning Objectives.
4. DECIDING ON DELIVERY OPTIONS.
1. Overview of Delivery Methods.
2. Three Types of Learning Programs.
3. Common Delivery Methods.
4. How to Decide on Delivery Options.
5. DEVELOPING A TRAINING PROGRAM AND PLANNING THE PROGRAM EVALUATION.
1. What's Involved in Development.
2. Develop, Adapt, or Purchase?
3. Identifying and Organizing the Content.
4. Developing Learning Activities.
5. Structuring the Training Program.
6. Preparing the Agenda.
7. Developing Program Materials.
8. Testing the Program.
9. Designing the Program Evaluation.
6. IMPELEMENTING TRAINING PROGRAMS.
1. Before the Workshop.
2. Getting Started.
3. Running the Workshop.
7. THE LANGUAGE OF TRAINING.
1. Why Learn the Language of Training?
2. Glossary of Training Terminology.
8. ON BECOMING A TRAINING PROFESSIONAL.
1. What Distinguishes a Training Professional.
2. How to Become a Training Professional.
3. Strategies for Learning More.
4. Making a Professional Development Plan.
About the Author.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >