- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
* moves away from the ‘one true way’ approach put forward by many business gurus
* argues that the search for best practice, best change management, etc. obscures real situations in business
* develops principles of right practice for the situation: business is continually evolving and its drivers have to evolve with it.
* provides a practical framework and enables diagnosis of where a business trajectory is, and how to sustain or switch trajectories.
"Adjusting corporate leadership to different business conditions is key in today’s turbulent environment. The systematic review and development of this relationship in Trajectory Management is extremely valuable." Peter A. Wuffli, President of the Group Executive Board, UBS.
"In this book, Paul Strebel goes beyond universal best practice that is presumed to apply no matter what the context. He presents the right practice for managing a business trajectory and winning consistently over time." Egon P. Zehnder, Founder, Egon Zehnder International, Inc.
"Trajectory Management puts context in its rightful place: at the front, middle and end of business planning and execution. Paul Strebel offers a practical framework to simplify the complex and drive better competitive choices for busy decision makers." John Hofmeister, Director of Human Resources, Shell International B.V.
For more on how to use the book see: www.trajectorymanagement.com
PART I: SUCCEEDING UNDER DIFFERING CONDITIONS.
1. Which Governance Roles?
2. Which Leadership Styles?
3. Which Organizational Modes?
4. Which Business Models?
PART II: SHAPING A SUCCESSFUL TRAJECTORY.
5. Assess the Present: Trajectory Diagnosis.
6. Anticipate the Future: Competitive Scenarios.
7. Close the Gap: Tomorrow's Trajectory.
8. Sustaining Trajectory Drivers: The Right Management System.
9. Switching Trajectory Drivers: The Right Change Path.
10. Winning Repeatedly Over Time.