Transform Tomorrow: Awakening the Super Saver In Pursuit of Retirement Readinessby Stig Nybo
Despite the best efforts of the retirement services industry, the average American is not saving enough to retire comfortably. What we need is nothing less than a nationally recognized, coordinated retirement readiness campaign along the lines of successful Public Service Announcementslike "The Crying Indian" and "Rosie the Riveter"to change/b>… See more details below
Despite the best efforts of the retirement services industry, the average American is not saving enough to retire comfortably. What we need is nothing less than a nationally recognized, coordinated retirement readiness campaign along the lines of successful Public Service Announcementslike "The Crying Indian" and "Rosie the Riveter"to change behavior and reshape the savings culture of our nation. Transform Tomorrow is an initial call to action for such a campaign.
In addition to investigating why so many Americans are at risk of outliving their savings, Transform Tomorrow poses the question: How do we help American workers to retire with confidence? It draws inspiration from successful behavioral change campaigns to identify the key drivers of changecontext and beliefsand how they can be used successfully to boost retirement savings rates. While the retirement savings industry increasingly understands the contextual drivers of behavioral change and is beginning to apply them, very little has been done to shape our beliefs to get us to start saving smarter and sooner. Transform Tomorrow kick-starts the conversation needed to develop a retirement readiness campaign that will inspire and enlist the support of individuals, employers, industry, government, and the media.
As a clarion call for raising a new level of consciousness around retirement readiness, Transform Tomorrow explains:
- Why "Super Savers" confidently set aside enough to retire earlier than the norm, while the vast majority of Americans remain ill-prepared for what's to come.
- What new, system-wide "contextual" drivers are needed to ensure citizens can outlive their retirement savings.
- How our beliefs need to change in order for Americans to fundamentally shift course on retirement readiness.
- Who needs to be involved (and how) in crafting a compelling and "sticky" message for a visionary retirement readiness campaign.
Retiring with dignity in America is endangered. Transform Tomorrow outlines a path back from the brink.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.30(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.90(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >