- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Skokie, IL
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
I. PROGRAM FOUNDATIONS.
1. Secondary Special Education in Perspective.
2. Transition Education and Services Models.
Proposed Comprehensive Transition Education and Services Models.
3. Debra A. Neubert, Transition Education and Services Guidelines.
Understanding High School Requirements.
Recommended Practices in Secondary Special Education and Transition Programs.
4. Students and Families: Key Participants in High School Programs for Students with special Needs.
Adolescents with Disabilities.
Variations in Population Characteristics.
Families as Participants.
Students as Participants.
II. PROGRAM ELEMENTS.
5. Transition Assessment.
Overview of Transition Assessment.
Methods of Gathering Assessment Information.
Tying Assessment into Transition Planning.
Issues to Consider When Conducting Assessments.
People Involved in the Transition Assessment Process.
Recommendations for Transition Assessment.
6. Transition to Employment.
Content for Instruction.
Principles and Characteristics of Work-Based Learning.
Program Models for Delivering Work-Based Learning.
Issues in Preparing Students for Transition to Employment.
Individualized Planning for Transition to Employment.
7. Job Placement, Training, and Supervision.
Legal Aspects of Work-Based Learning.
Steps in Placement and Supervision.
8. Transition to Postsecondary Education.
General Information on Postsecondary Education for Individuals withDisabilities.
Skills Needed in Postsecondary Education Programs.
Suggested Instructional Strategies at the Secondary and Postsecondary Level.
What the Law Requires at Postsecondary Institutions.
Information and Documentation Required by Postsecondary Programs.
9. Transition to Adult Independent and Interdependent Living.
Training Independent and Interdependent Daily Living Skills.
Communication between Schools and Service Providers.
III. PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION.
10. Mary E. Cronin, Instructional Strategies.
Integrating Transition Goals and the IEP.
Teaching in Inclusive Settings.
11. School-Based and Community Resources: Linkages and Referrals.
Referral Needs of High School Students in Special Programs.
School-Based Linkage and Referral Sources.
Key Providers of Services.
Guidelines for Making Referrals.
12. Issues in the Delivery of Comprehensive Transition Education and Services.
A. Resources Agencies.
B. Selected Commercially Available Assessment Instruments for Transitions Planning.
C. Checklist for Accessibility and Usability of Buildings and Facilities.
Glossary of Terms in Transition Programs and Services.