Ace your preparation for the skills measured by MCTS Exams 70-648 and 70-649—and on the job. Work at your own pace through a series of lessons and reviews that fully cover the objectives from both upgrade exams. Then, reinforce and apply what you’ve learned through real-world case scenarios and practice exercises. This official Microsoft study guide is designed to help you make the most of your study time.
Maximize your performance on the exams by learning to:
- Transition from IPv4 to IPv6 addressing and services
- Enable remote and wireless access, authentication, and Network Access Protection (NAP)
- Use server roles to encrypt data and protect intellectual property
- Manage disaster recovery, software updates, and network traffic
- Identify and troubleshoot performance issues on local and remote computers
- Configure and support Terminal Services
- Configure a Web services infrastructure using IIS 7.0
Assess your skills with the practice tests on DVD. You can work through hundreds of questions using multiple testing modes to meet your specific learning needs. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies.
Your kit includes:
- Includes a 15% exam discount from Microsoft. (Limited time offer)
- Official self-paced study guide.
- Practice tests with multiple, customizable testing options and a learning plan based on your results.
- 500+ practice and review questions.
- Case scenarios, exercises, and best practices.
- 120-day trial of Windows Server 2008 Enterprise.
- Webcasts from Microsoft experts and sample chapters from related Microsoft Press books.
- Fully searchable eBook of this guide.
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com.