- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Transplantation meets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose eight volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for the specialist general surgeon.
• A standardised approach is used across the series to provide up-to-date information in a way that will be consistent and familiar to the reader.
• Each volume gives a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
• Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and by also identifying the key papers in the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
• An expanded authorship team across the series includes additional European and World experts with an increased emphasis on global practice.
• The contents of the series have been extensively revised in line with recently published evidence.
• Modern techniques in transplantation and new forms of immunosuppression are emphasised throughout this volume.
• The substantial interest in new organ perfusion and in the preservation techniques in organ donation and transplantation are reflected in a new chapter written by an international expert.
• All the chapters reflect transplant care as a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians working in a collaborative fashion.
Ch 1 The ethics of transplantation
Steve J Wigmore, William D Plant
Ch 2 The acute shortage of donors: a UK and European perspective
Rafael Matesanz, Christopher J Rudge
Ch 3 Immunology of graft rejection
Simon T Ball, Margaret J Dallman
Ch 4 Testing for Histocompatibility
Philip A Dyer, Alison Langton, Helen Liggett, Karen Wood, Judith Worthington
Ch 5 Immunosuppression
Neil R Parrott
Ch 6 The donor procedure
Lorna P Marson
Ch 7 Renal transplantation in the third millennium
Benjamin E Hippen, Robert S Gaston
Ch 8 Liver transplantation in the third millennium
Ch 9 Pancreas transplantation
Ch 10 Islet cell transplantation
John J Casey, A M James Shapiro
Ch 11 Cardio-thoracic transplantation
Stephen C Clark, Asif Hasan
Ch 12 Cytomegalovirus and Epstein-Barr Virus following solid-organ transplantation
Charles G Newstead
Ch 13 Chronic transpalant dysfunction
Keith P Graetz, Keith M Rigg