List of Figures.
Notes on Contributors.
List of Abbreviations.
Part 1: Fundamentals of Transport Geographies:.
1. Introducing Transport Geographies: Jon Shaw (University of Plymouth), Richard Knowles (University of Salford) and Iain Docherty (University of Glasgow).
2. Transport and Economic Development: Danny MacKinnon (University of Aberdeen), Gordon Pirie (University of the Western Cape) and Matthias Gather (Erfurt University of Applied Sciences).
3. Transport and the Environment: Stephen Potter (Open University) and Ian Bailey (University of Plymouth).
4. Transport and Social Justice: Julian Hine (University of Ulster).
5. Transport Governance and Ownership: Jon Shaw, Richard Knowles and Iain Docherty.
Part 2: Transport Flows and Spaces:.
6. Connected Cities: Iain Docherty, Genevieve Giuliano (University of Southern California) and Donald Houston (University of Dundee).
7. Geographies of Rural Transport: David Gray (Robert Gordon University), John Farrington (University of Aberdeen) and Andreas Kagermeier (University of Trier).
8. Inter-urban and Regional Transport: Clive Charlton (University of Plymouth) and Tim Vowles (Colorado State University).
9. Global Air Transport: Brian Graham (University of Ulster) and Andrew R. Goetz (University of Denver).
10. International Maritime Freight Movements: Jean-Paul Rodrigue (Hofstra University) and Michael Browne (University of Westminster).
11. Individual Transport Patterns: Stephen Stradling (Napier University) and Jillian Anable (Robert Gordon University).
12. Transport, Tourism and Leisure: Derek Hall (Scottish Agricultural College).
Part 3: Future Transport Geographies:.
13. Transport Directions to the Future: Glenn Lyons (University of the West of England) and Becky Loo (University of Hong Kong).
14. Revitalized Transport Geographies: John Preston (University of Southampton) and Kevin O’Connor (University of Melbourne).