- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A Volume in the Jossey-Bass Library of Current Clinical Technique
This book is thorough and comprehensive and brings together a wealth of up-to-date and practical treatment information of tremAndous value to the clinician.
—C. Barr Taylor, M.D., professor of psychiatry, Stanford University School of Medicine
Offers an illuminating picture of the psychological problems related to anxiety. It outlines effective interventions for problems such as panic attacks, agoraphobia, and social phobias. Also described are specific techniques, including exposure therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, relaxation, psychodynamic, and psychotherapy.
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
1. Diagnositc Evaluation(Silvia Schneider, Martina Ruhmland).
2. Techniques of Exposure(Brunna Tuschen, Wolfgang Fiegenbaum).
3. Techniques of Cognitive Therapy(Stefan G. Hofmann, Patricia Marten DiBartolo).
4. Muscle Relaxation and Breathing Technique(Paul Lehrer, Richard Carr).
5. Autogenic Training(Wolfgang Linden, Joseph W. Lenz).
6. Psychodynamic Therapies(Richard Almond).
7. The Role of Medication(Matig R. Mavissakalian, Martin T. Ryan).
8. A Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment Package for Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia(Frank Wilhelm, Jurgen Margraf).
9. A Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment Package for Social Anxiety (Karin Gruber, Richard G. Heimberg).