- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The diagnosis and treatment of anxiety disorders has changedradically in the past few decades. As recently as twenty years agothe now commonplace diagnoses of panic disorder and social phobiadid not exist. And in the 1960's treating an anxiety disorder withdrugs was looked on with disdain whereas today treatment foranxiety disorders has a foothold in both the biological andpsychological arenas. Treating Anxiety Disorders is a comprehensiveand up-to-date guide to the clinical treatment of the most anxietydisorders such as panic attacks, agoraphobia, and social phobias.Written by experts in the field, Treating Anxiety Disorders offersclinicians the information they need to learn the skills necessaryto use variety of effective techniques and interventions. The bookis filled with numerous examples and outlines such specifictechniques as exposure therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy,relaxation, psychodynamic, and psychotherapy. The book alsoincludes transcripts of dialogues between clinicians and clientsthat give a clear understanding of how these techniques work inpractice. Since so many clients who come for psychologicaltreatment are taking medication, the book addresses the importantquestion of how well psychological and pharmacological therapiesmix. Treating Anxiety Disorders is filled with cutting-edgeinformation including:
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
1. Diagnositc Evaluation(Silvia Schneider, Martina Ruhmland).
2. Techniques of Exposure(Brunna Tuschen, WolfgangFiegenbaum).
3. Techniques of Cognitive Therapy(Stefan G. Hofmann, PatriciaMarten DiBartolo).
4. Muscle Relaxation and Breathing Technique(Paul Lehrer, RichardCarr).
5. Autogenic Training(Wolfgang Linden, Joseph W. Lenz).
6. Psychodynamic Therapies(Richard Almond).
7. The Role of Medication(Matig R. Mavissakalian, Martin T.Ryan).
8. A Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment Package for Panic Disorder withAgoraphobia(Frank Wilhelm, Jurgen Margraf).
9. A Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment Package for Social Anxiety(Karin Gruber, Richard G. Heimberg).