- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Filled with case studies, examples, and up to date research, this guide is a comprehensive and valuable resource for the clinical treatment of anxiety disorders.Written by experts in the field, it provides a wealth of information to help clinicians develop more effective skills. The authors outline effective interventions for problems including panic attacks, agoraphobia, and social phobias. They describe such specific techniques as exposure therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, relaxation, psychodynamic and psychotherapy. And to illustrate how these methods work in practice, the book presents transcripts of real dialogues between several clinicians and their clients.Treating Anxiety Disorders offers an illuminating picture of the psychological problems related to anxiety, and practical advice on the most effective treatments.
The book contains black-and-white illustrations.
1. Diagnositc Evaluation(Silvia Schneider, Martina Ruhmland).
2. Techniques of Exposure(Brunna Tuschen, Wolfgang Fiegenbaum).
3. Techniques of Cognitive Therapy(Stefan G. Hofmann, Patricia Marten DiBartolo).
4. Muscle Relaxation and Breathing Technique(Paul Lehrer, Richard Carr).
5. Autogenic Training(Wolfgang Linden, Joseph W. Lenz).
6. Psychodynamic Therapies(Richard Almond).
7. The Role of Medication(Matig R. Mavissakalian, Martin T. Ryan).
8. A Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment Package for Panic Disorder with Agoraphobia(Frank Wilhelm, Jurgen Margraf).
9. A Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment Package for Social Anxiety (Karin Gruber, Richard G. Heimberg).