Treating Articulation and Phonological Disorders in Children / Edition 1by Dennis M. Ruscello
Pub. Date: 09/17/2007
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This comprehensive, groundbreaking book is an ideal companion to textbooks that focus on the theories behind articulation and phonological disorders but with little or no coverage of treatment options. It provides treatment strategies not only for the many sound system disorders with unknown etiologies, but also for those known to be caused by a structural, sensory
This comprehensive, groundbreaking book is an ideal companion to textbooks that focus on the theories behind articulation and phonological disorders but with little or no coverage of treatment options. It provides treatment strategies not only for the many sound system disorders with unknown etiologies, but also for those known to be caused by a structural, sensory, or neurological problem. It also discusses treatment for disorders caused by residual problems from early childhood. What sets this book apart is the inclusion of practical, step-by-step treatment strategies for ALL potential causes beyond those of unknown origin.
• A logical organization first discusses a framework for basic treatment and follows with chapters on treatment strategies for specific sound system disorders, relating treatment strategies to the disorder's cause.
• Step-by-step instructions summarize the implementation of treatment strategies, providing a quick and easy reference tool.
• An evidence-based focus uses the best of both classic and recent literature to present the most effective treatment models and strategies.
• Case studies accompany discussions of specific treatment strategies, presenting detailed case histories followed by author commentary.
• Research Notes emphasize evidence-based practice by highlighting significant contributions to the treatment of sound system disorders.
• Chapter objectives include specific learning goals, helping to focus attention on key points and ensure mastery of content.
• Chapter outlines provide an overview of content and help in locating specific information.
• Key terms are listed at the beginning of each chapter and discussed within the text.
• An Evolve® website includes a 200-question test bank for exams or practice quizzes, a full-color collection of drawings and images from the book for use in presentations, and a searchable bibliography of all chapter references simplifying research by providing Medline links to specific journal articles.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.40(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to the Treatment of Sound System Disorders
2. Sound System Treatment for Children with Functional Speech Sound Disorders
3. Treatment of Children with Developmental Motor Speech Disorders
4. Treatment of Children with Structural-Based Disorders
5. Treatment of Children with Hearing Impairment
6. Alternative Treatments for Residual Errors
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >