- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
From the Publisher"This series sets a new standard for clear, intelligent clinical writing on psychotherapeutic and psychiatric technique."
—David Spiegel, Stanford University
"...contributors use case studies to describe how to conduct a successful assessment, detail the major modes of therapy, including in-patient treatment, individual, family, & group therapy, and the role of medication."
1. What Is Schizophrenia? (Marc Jacobs).
2. How Do We Make the Diagnosis of Schizophrenia? (Edward Merrin).
3. What Causes Schizophrenia? (William O. Faustman).
4. What Is It Like to Have Schizophrenia? (Leora Benioff).
5. A Family Member's Account (Gregory K. Shennaut).
6. What Is the Prognosis of Schizophrenia? (Geoffrey K. Booth).
7. Outcome and Treatment Strategies (Geoffrey K. Booth).
8. The Rational Use of Medication (John Moranville).
9. Individual Psychotherapy (C. Peter Rosenbaum).
10. Group Psychotherapy (Nick Kanas).
11. Hospital Treatment (Nancy A. Breslin).
12. Schizophrenia and the Family (Michael Tompkins).