RANDOLPH S. CHARLTON is clinical professor of psychiatry and the behavioral sciences at the Stanford University School of Medicine. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Psychoanalysis, a supervising and training analyst at the C.G. Jung Institute of Northern California, and a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Medical Society.
Treating Sexual Disorders / Edition 1by Randolph S. Charlton
Successful treatment of sexual disorders is a multifaceted task, complicated by the need to understand the interaction of a variety of psychological and physiological processes. The therapy of sexual difficulties is made more difficult by the pervasive sense of shame that is part and parcel of every intimate discussion of sexual matters.'Sex therapy' has progressed… See more details below
Successful treatment of sexual disorders is a multifaceted task, complicated by the need to understand the interaction of a variety of psychological and physiological processes. The therapy of sexual difficulties is made more difficult by the pervasive sense of shame that is part and parcel of every intimate discussion of sexual matters.'Sex therapy' has progressed radically since the days when Masters and Johnson first published their groundbreaking work. To addresses the nature and treatment of sexual dysfunction, the contributors of this volume offer clinical techniques derived from sex therapy, couples and marital therapy, behavior therapy, psychodynamic psychotherapy and psychoanalysis. Theoretical concepts are presented to help the reader understand the reasons behind the most effective and up-to-date therapeutic interventions for the treatment of each of the sexual dysfunctions listed in the DSM IV.Treating Sexual Disorders is written with wisdom, kindness, and empathy for clinicians and their clients. Crafted to be accessible to novice clinicians, and experienced therapists, as well as experts in sexual dysfunction, the book is filled with down-to-earth advice and case examples. Each chapter author is an experienced therapist who presents his or her own personal experience of working with sexual issues. The reader will find a variety of examples of therapeutic methods of dealing with the special transference/countertransference issues that occur in the treatment of clients with sexual dysfunction.
- Publication date:
- The Jossey-Bass Library of Current Clinical Technique
- Edition description:
- 1st Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.04(h) x 0.98(d)
Meet the Author
Table of Contents
1. Talking and Thinking About Sexuality (Teri Quatman).
2. A Therapist's Guide to the Physiology of Sexual Response (Randolph S. Charlton, Teri Quatman).
3. Evaluation of Sexual Disorders(Randolph S. Charlton).
4. Medical Evaluation of Sexual Function Gynecological Evaluation of Sexual Disorders, Urological Evaluation of Sexual Disorders, Sleep Clinic Assessment of Erectile Dysfunction,(Claire Applemans, Harcharan Gill, Alex Clerk, Vincent Zarcone, ).
5. Passion and Intimacy: The Foundations of Sexuality (Cynthia McReynolds, David Schnarch).
6. Couple Therapy of Sexual Disorders (Sandra Borrelli-Kerner, Bonnie Bernell).
7. Disorders of Desire(Marty Klein).
8. Treatment of Arousal and Orgasm Disorders (Randolph S. Charlton, Faith W. Brigel).
9. Treatment of Paraphilias(Randolph S. CharltonRandolph S. Charlton).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >