- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
From the Publisher"This series sets a new standard for clear, intelligent clinical writing on psychotherapeutic and psychiatric technique."
—David Spiegel, Stanford University
This essential resource book offers the clinician the necessary tools and skills to work effectively with sexually abused women. Illuminated by numerous case histories and examples, authors offer step-by-step guidance on assessment, crisis intervention, individual psychotherapy, couples work, groups, and special issues of transference and counter-transference. Also included is a timely discussion on the controversial topic of recovered memory and the danger of implanting false memories.
"...offers step-by-step guidance on assessment, individual psychotherapy, crisis intervention, couples work,groups, the special issues of transference & counter-transference, & the dangers of recovered memory...series edited by Irvin D.Yalom
1. Assessment and Diagnosis (Chris Courtois).
2. Crisis Intervention (Joan A. Turkus).
3. Individual Psychotherapy ( Mary R. Harvey, Patricia A. Harney).
4. Group Therapy (Brian Abbot).
5. Couples Therapy (Victoria M. Follette, Jacqueline Pistorello).
6. Using Hypnosis (Jose R. Maldonado, David Spiegel).
7. Transference and Countertransference (John Briere, Diana Elliot).