Treating Youth with DSM-IV Disordersby Michael Sterba, Tom Dowd
Treating Youth with DSM-IV Disorders incorporates Girls and Boys Town's use of social skill instruction with the American Psychiatric Association's most widely used
Research proves it. Lessons in social skills benefit behaviorally troubled youth. Use this straightforward manual to add social skill instruction to your repertoire of effective treatment options.
Treating Youth with DSM-IV Disorders incorporates Girls and Boys Town's use of social skill instruction with the American Psychiatric Association's most widely used evaluation tool. It's a powerful union that parents, psychiatrists, and professional caregivers can use to help determine which skills can enhance treatment.
The pages describe for you:
* 43 disorders commonly diagnosed in youth
* Charts that highlight each disorder and include detailed diagnostic criteria and a list of social skills that can be targeted during treatment
* Examples from a group home, a mental health facility, and a school of how to incorporate social skills instruction into treatment planning
* Discussions of the effectiveness of teaching social skills as a treatment strategy and the rolls culture and ethnicity play in selecting skills for individual children
Girls and Boys Town has demonstrated through research that teaching appropriate social skills is a valuable and productive treatment strategy. Mental health facilities that use our Teaching Model report:
* Significant decreases in aggressive and assaultive behavior
* Significant reductions in DSM-IV symptoms and referral behavior during treatment
* Increased placement stability in progressively lower levels of care
* High levels of youth and caregiver satisfaction with the treatment's effectiveness
You toowill benefit from Treating Youth with DSM-IV Disorders. By adopting its teaching approach, you can improve the quality of care, reduce negative behavior, and build on a child's strengths."
- Boys Town Press
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.27(w) x 10.73(h) x 0.46(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >